Carfax Canada Reports available at carfax.ca contains additional information than the report obtained from carfax.com. Carfax US website for American vehicles is used exclusively in the USA, both websites have similar reports with identical information however If your vehicle is registered in Canada lien information and exclusive insurance records are also provided at carfax.ca
Differences between Information from THE American VERSION vs Canadian VERSION OF carfax reports:
- Carfax Canada provides consumers with Canadian lien and/or security interest information
- Carfax Canada has additional insurance records that are exclusive to Canadian vehicles.
- CARFAX.com does not report Canadian automobile lien information.
- Carfax.com & Carfax.ca reports both display Data produced from Experian Automotive however Carfax.ca uses 3 additional resources in Canada that carfax.com does not include.
- Language options for Carfax Canada include both English and French, While Carfax.com offers language options in English and Spanish.
- Carfax Canada provides recall notices that are specifically issued for Canada, ensuring the information is directly relevant to Canadian car owners.
- Odometer readings in Carfax Canada are presented in kilometers, in line with the standard measurement system used in Canada while Carfax.com reports are presented in miles.
- Emissions and safety inspection features are not included in Carfax Canada, as they do not pertain to the Canadian context however they are included in Carfax.com reports for American-driven vehicles.
What is a CARFAX VEHICLE REPORT?
A CARFAX Vehicle Report is a detailed report that provides information about the history of a used vehicle, such as its previous owners, mileage, accident history, service records, and any open recalls. The report can be used to help make an informed decision when buying a used car.
What information do Carfax reports provide?
Carfax Reports include:
- vehicle’s title history
- odometer readings
- recall information
- accident history
- service records
- Lien Information (Canada)
- Insurance records
- Dealer records
What IS CARFAX.CA?
Carfax.ca also known as Carfax Canada, provides consumers with Canadian lien and/or security interest information. Carfax.com acquired Carfax Canada in 2004. Since then, Carfax.com has been a Canadian-based company and has been providing Canadian customers with vehicle history reports and other services. Carfax Canada has additional insurance records that are exclusive to Canadian vehicles. The provincial and territory registrars are connected live to Carfax Canada and hold records for all provinces and territories. Several US-based sites, like CARFAX.com, do not report Canadian automobile lien information. Carfax.ca sells 2 options of reports. With Canadian Lien and without. Carfax Canada charges $69.95 CAD for a Report with Lien Check and $50 CAD for report without Lien information. Carfax.com Charges $44.99 USD for a Report regardless if it has lien info or not.
HOW IS Carfax.CA Reports Unique FOR CANADIAN VEHICLES?
- Carfax Canada is the only service that provides Canadian lien and/or security interest information on vehicles from across the country.
- Carfax Canada is electronically linked to its data sources in real-time. This implies that the data is always up to date and never out of date. Other services purchase data dumps on a regular basis, which means that recent vital data may be missing from their reports.
- Carfax Canada is the sole service that offers consumers information on Canadian insurance and accident claims.
- Carfax Canada is the only company that provides vehicle history reports in both English and French.
- Carfax Canada delivers data from Canada’s private insurance business as well as the public insurer in Saskatchewan via its live connectivity to comprehensive databases that service the Canadian insurance market.
- Carfax Canada also provides a product called “Verified BC” that searches the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia’s database in real-time (ICBC).
In addition to the information listed above, Carfax Canada reports include data from Experian Automotive, one of the leading U.S.-based vehicle history services. All Carfax Canada reports include the data you’d obtain from other prominent U.S.-based vehicle history services, including a Lemon Search, thanks to their live connection to Experian’s 2 billion+ record database.
Is Carfax Canada the Best Vehicle History Report for Canadians?
Yes, Carfax Canada provides Canadian consumers with the most comprehensive automobile history report available and provides information that other reports may not contain. The fact that the vehicle comes with a Carfax Canada report allows for increased buyer confidence.
View a Sample Carfax Canada Report:
cARFAX cANADA report WITH LIEN $69.95 cad:
cARFAX CANADA WITHOUT LIEN $50 cad:
old version of cARFAX cANADA:
View a Sample Carfax US Report $44.99 usd:
What’s the difference between CARFAX.COM VS CARFAX.CA?
If you order from carfax.com you will be purchasing the Carfax US reports which are very similar to the Canadian versions although the layout is different and they lack some information that is exclusive to Canada. In the same way, if you order from carfax.ca you will be receiving the Canadian carfax report which will have more relevant data for Canadian vehicles. It is best to buy the report according to the Country where the vehicle spent most of its time however if you buy either report most if not all of the data will be identical with some exceptions.
Should I use carfax US website or Carfax Canada website?
If you are vehicle was registered and used in Canada and if you are looking for the lien information then you should purchase the report from the Canadian website: carfax.ca. Carfax Canada is the only service that provides Canadian consumers with lien and/or security interest information on vehicles from right across Canada. This information is not available from the US version of Carfax.
What’s the difference between Carproof & Carfax Canada?
Carproof rebranded to Carfax Canada in 2018 to create a unified brand image. Combining the strength of both brands created a more powerful and recognizable brand that customers could trust. There is no difference between Carproof and Carfax Canada besides the name. Carproof was Canada’s best source of automotive data in 2015 when it merged with Carfax.com, which was also the industry leader in the United States. HIS Inc. has owned both companies since late 2015. CARPROOF Corporation underwent a complete rebranding in November 2018 and is now known as CARFAX Canada.
With the merger and rebranding of Carproof into CARFAX Canada, the company promises to provide the same robust history and valuation information that dealers and consumers have come to expect. The acquisition of Carproof by CARFAX was a marketing move to capitalize on the strong brand and advertising while also improving and collaborating on products and services for Canadians in the future, building on their extensive history of assisting people in making informed decisions about used cars.